The orientation journey of consumers for home improvement products has become increasingly more digital. When asked which online sources consumers have used to orient themselves online, the numbers 1 and 2 sources remained the same; Amazon and Google. The number three source used is the websites of DIY stores. And their share is growing over time.
Key research questions:
• For which of the following products have you searched online for information in the past 6 months?
• How useful was the orientation online for you for product categories?
• Which of the following social media platforms do you use on a regular basis?
• Which online platforms do you expect to use for inspiration when you want to renovate your living room, bathroom or kitchen?
• Have you ever been inspired by social media post of friend/family/others to change something to your home?
• Via which social media have you been inspired to change something to your home?
• Have you ever posted pictures of your own home improvements or decorations on social platforms?