How does prefab already impact the industry?
The impact of prefab and off-site construction on manufacturers and merchants is already visible:
- Different target groups to market the products to (new routes to markets).
- Alternative products applied in prefab causing product competition.
- A growing need for co-makers.
- Competitors starting prefab production.
- The decision-making process is simplified (decision power of architects, contractors, and installers on individual product and brand choices will be less).
What is next?
USP has been investigating prefabrication and off-site construction in the construction and installation market via dedicated research projects for sector organisations, manufacturers and merchants, and via our different European multiclient researches for more than a decade. From our researches among architects, contractors and installers, we know that the share of prefab will continue to grow in the upcoming years. This to improve profitability of the projects and as a necessity to deal with labour shortage.
How does USP help their customers with prefab studies?
With the topic prefab in mind, we help our customers to:
- Prefab market sizing and forecasting research (which segments? which products?)
- Product research to identify growth opportunities
- Identification of prefab and off-site producers in specific countries
- Needs and requirements research to become a co-maker of prefab producers
Context is key
To create an overview of market developments and provide context for client-specific researches, USP Marketing Consultancy has developed several monitors. We continuously research market developments and effects of key trends like labour shortage among architects, contractors, HVAC installers, electrical installers, painters and end-consumers, of which reports are published quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
Discover opportunities for your brand
Do you want to know how trends change your target groups’ demand, attitudes, perspectives and decision-making criteria, and whether your brand and products are answering their needs? Do you want to learn how you can make your customers’ lives easier whilst adding value to your brand? USP Marketing Consultancy specialises in various types of market research that can answer these questions, like customer satisfaction, driver analysis, customer journey, product development research, and many more.